Sunday, June 21, 2009

Big Changes

So, as some of you already know, I'm about to make a huge change in my life that I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for. It's something my wife and I have been talking about for a while now, but I was never sure it would really happen. I admit to being torn on the issue. I mean, it's something we both want - we've talked about all the benefits, the highs, the lows, the advantages and the perils. It seems like you're not truly an adult until you have one. But the expense can be considerable, and frankly a little intimidating. Let's face it, it's a serious commitment.

Still, everyone says the advantages far outweigh the sacrifices, and life will never be the same once you have one. So, Courtney and I took a long hard look at our life, and finances, did some soul searching, and decided to go for it.

Now that it's upon us, I don't blame her for being a little dubious - probably more so than myself - about the decision, but I'm confident that in time she'll come to view this as a great move for our family. Some of the benefits I don't think we'll even fully appreciate until it's staring us right in the face.

So there's nothing left to do but wait. A delivery date has been set, and before long that little bundle of joy will be on our doorstep. I can't wait to hold it in my hands for the first time, caress it's face, and call up the AT&T activation number.

Seriously, this is a choice upgrade we're talking about here. I was never really entranced by the first iPhone or the 3G, but there are a lot of great new features that just tipped the scale in favor of buying it. Plus, I've been using the same RAZR since 2006 and I'm getting tired of watching the battery fall out every time I grip the housing too tight. This is gonna be great.





Also, Courtney is pregnant.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Seriously? (About the pregnancy?) That is super awesome!!! When is the baby do?

Courtney said...

Seriously. I'm due Christmas Eve.

Eric said...

Fantastic news! Congratulations to both of you! Welcome to the procreatie roller coaster.

Oh, and Erik, nice pregnant pause on the last title in Courtney's video. Get it? PREGNANT pause?

Ha!